Saturday, May 29, 2010

high school halls

We went to my alma matter for a musical called "Cabaret". I used to be in it and some friends from church were in it and we were able to go. It was really special to walk around and share with Chris about the halls i walked and how i lived. I even went into my Spanish class room and sat at a desk :) i didn't do so well in that classroom...but i do remember a good amount of espanol :) These halls are full of flashbacks from back in the day. The memories start from being so anxious to have more freedom at high school as a freshman. Going to school the week after my Dad passed away and knowing that my Father was with me always and forever...Jesus. Playing volleyball as a freshman and sophomore. Singing lots and lots at this school. Praying tons for my fellow students who knew me as a Jesus lover...but at least they voted me "best personality" our senior year! Having bible studies, prayer groups, and FCA meetings. But mostly i wanted Chris to walk down memory lane with me. For me to share with him the life i lived here. For him to know in these very halls i thought of him often. Prayed for him often. Hoped for him often. Stayed pure for him. And loved him. I always wondered if my future husband was among me in my school or if he lived in another state? I always had a thing for Tennessee. :)

No comments: