Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rock and Roll

Hyatt Place Hotel!


The best italian food ever! all homemade every day!


Rock and Roll Hall of Fame



Chris' 30th birthday was in August and i wanted to surprise him with a big trip. Well in my dream world that is :) With a ministry salary, their isn't much room for that! So for about 5 months or so prior i saved extra money that i made doing little jobs here and there. So i was able to have enough to have a little getaway to Cleveland, OH. We both have never been. So i planned our little trip :) A few weeks ago we left right after church for Cleveland. My Mom watched Noah over night and our friends Matt and Kristin watched him the next day. We drove the 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get there and checked into our beautiful hotel. Chris and i have a thing for staying in nice hotels! But...we always find the best deals, so its like we are staying at a holiday inn express but not. We always take pictures of our rooms! yes, call us nerds! This hotel is budget friendly yet very modern. It is call Hyatt Place. Look it up! Stay there! 42 inch plasma is every room! come on!! Then we went to a movie- Eagle Eye. So good! Then dinner and back to the hotel. The next day we woke up and had free breakfast. Then went to wonderful Maggianos for lunch. We research and make sure if we are on a trip..Maggianos is included, if it is there. We have been to 5 different locations around the US :) Chris has been to 6. After an amazing amazing lunch we headed to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! It was a lot of fun! I was a bit tired by the end due to the pregnancy :) I wanted Chris to feel so special and loved even though i couldn't whisk him away to St. Thomas! And he did. So that makes me happy ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have got that right - I felt very special and loved. Thank you again for planning such a special birthday present!!! Love, Chris

Sarah said...

Wow!! What a fun weekend! We have a Hyatt Place here and I have heard they are super nice!! I love me some Maggiano's..we have one in Nashville! I got online on Friday and signed up for e-clubs! So now I get to use my coupons!! Thanks!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had a great time - I'm glad you both find the time to get away together - it is very important!!

Cyn said...

That sounds like a blast, its so good to get some couple time!!! What a fun b-day gift, Emily you are so thoughtful:)