Friday, August 22, 2008

The BIG 30!

Normally Emily is the one adding posts to our blog, but I thought it was time for me to take a stab at it. Almost a week ago a big day occurred in my life - I turned 30! That's right 30! Emily and friends made this day(week) so special.


Thursday before my birthday Emily planned a special night and totally kept it a surprise. She had planned a modified progressive dinner. We started at Bill and Alice Myers' house - where we had salad and bread sticks. They were so kind to get together with us. That weekend they were hosting over 100 people at their house for Jon and Allison's Wedding Reception.
Then we moved on to Mark and Debbie Hutsko's for an appetizer spread. They really went all out. We were greeted at the door by our "French maƮtre d'" and enjoyed some live piano music while eating our appetizers.

Next stop was Easton and one of our favorites - Abuelos. We had dinner there with our friends Joe and Stephanie. We all LOVE the food here. Emily and I have a queso ball - every time we come we get free queso. Joe and Steph you can not steal it!

After dinner it was time for dessert. We headed over to Matt and Kristin Vondersaar's apartment for chocolate fondue. She did a great job. And the Jeni's ice cream was excellent. What a great night.


We could have stopped there, but we didn't. On Saturday we celebrated Dawn's (Emily's moms) and my birthday. We had a great southern barbecue lunch and a german chocolate cake from Piece of Cake in the Short North. Dawn turned 30 on Monday!! The math really doesn't add up - but that is what she told us!My actual birthday was on a Sunday. That morning the orchestra and praise leaders brought all kinds of food for a brunch and really made the morning special. Then that evening Emily and I went to the Arena District to go to a movie and have dinner. Dinner was again at a favorite - Ted's. Thank you to everyone who helped make this birthday such a special one. Especially Emily, you worked so hard and kept it all a secret!!! I love you. If turning 30 is this much fun, I would do it every week!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I wish we could have been there - notice how all your celebrating centers around FOOD??? ha ha YUMMO!!! Love ya - MOM

Cyn said...

Happy Belated B-day Chirs!!! Sounds like a great time.
We love Abuelos too...yummy!!
Much love and blessings for your 30's! So far they are my favorite decade:)

Anonymous said...

Christopher and Emily, you two are so cute! Thank you, Emily, for making my nephew's birthday so special! You have been such a blessing to our family, from the minute we met you. I'm so thankful that Christopher has someone like you, I'm so thankful that you love each other so much, and I'm so thankful that you two have such wonderful friends. Happy birthday, punkinhead!

The Moseley Family said...

aw Libby..thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging words. they mean the world to me. thank you for the wonderful aunt you are to Chris, and now to me. i love you and am so thankful for you in our lives! And Noah has a pretty great "great" aunt as well!! :) miss you sweet Libby!